|Project Engineer-Mechanical-Mission Critical Facilities-Chicago|
We are looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer in our Chicago office who wants to join us in Improving Society Through the Built Environment. Collectively, we apply our knowledge, expertise, and critical thinking skills to develop solutions impacting people’s health, comfort, productivity, safety, and connectivity.
We are able to make a difference for our clients and society-at-large within a framework of regulations, budget and schedule realities, and at the speed of change. This requires our team to collaborate, continuously improve, and innovate to earn trust among our colleagues and clients.
If you are a person who enjoys making a difference for your colleagues and clients through excellence – this is an opportunity for you to apply your knowledge, work with some of the world’s highest-profile clients, enjoy social and charitable activities, and build your career.
The Project Engineer performs advanced technical and project management duties with minimal oversight from a Senior Project Engineer or Project Manager. Role understands client and project requirements and ensures the project is executed and delivered with quality from start to finish.
- Develops advanced systems designs with minimal supervision.
- Prepares project deliverables per the client’s intent and scope of work in ESD's proposal.
- Follows ESD’s quality management process; reviews project deliverables before submitting to quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) reviewer.
- Provides QC review and approves small-scale projects as requested by the Technical Authority.
- Performs duties to assist or act as the Project Manager as follows:
- Gives input or creates plans to complete tasks within the project timeline and budget, identifies required precursors from other disciplines.
- Understands and advises clients of ESD’s service offerings.
- Meets or exceeds utilization goals and adheres to project budget.
- Identifies and reports potential roadblocks and competing client and co-worker priorities that may inhibit the ability to maintain the project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Develops an understanding of ESD’s accounting and project management systems.
- Participates in the engineering/professional community to build personal knowledge and professional growth (e.g., attend meetings/seminars/conferences and/or writes articles for trade magazines).
- Possesses advanced knowledge of engineering practices within own discipline and basic knowledge of practices and principles of other disciplines.
- Able to conceptualize basic building systems within own discipline in entirety, including interactions with disparate components.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of nomenclature, design techniques, materials, details, system components, construction techniques, related engineering systems, and building codes.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret technical documents, specifications, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Proficient in applicable software (i.e., CAD and Revit).
- Strong communicator who effectively conveys scope and coordination items to clients, vendors, and co-workers.
- Adept at writing comprehensive reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Displays effective organization and time management skills with projects, reports, and other duties; ability to manage multiple priorities and is punctual and dependable.
- Accredited engineering degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 4 years related industry experience preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) license or other professional certification per the area of expertise preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer.