|Senior Project Engineer-Electrical-New York|
We are looking for an inspired Electrical Senior Project Engineer to help launch our New York office. In this exciting role, you will guide the technical design of projects as subject matter expert, mentor, and resource to the technical team. You will be responsible to delegate, lead, and direct work of Project Engineers and Designers. You will also conceptualize, execute, and ensure quality throughout the design process to meet our clients’ needs and expectations.
- Manage ESD’s technical project process and scope of work within own discipline; reviews schedule and budgeted hours; finds and resolves all inconsistencies with project manager.
- Delegate tasks to project engineers and designers within own discipline as appropriate.
- Follow ESD’s quality management process; conducts project reviews and approvals before all QA/QC reviews done by the technical authority.
- Maintain strong client relations; able to understand and articulate project and design requirements, progress, and troubleshooting to clients and technical staff.
- Coordinate well with all disciplines to fully integrate work and client requests into design.
- Act as supervisor and resource to technical design team; supports and assists staff education and development.
- Actively participate in the engineering/professional community to build personal knowledge and professional growth (e.g. attends meetings / seminars / conferences and/or write articles for trade magazines.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering practices and principles in own discipline and basic knowledge of practices and principals in other disciplines.
- Able to conceptualize and develop solutions for multifaceted systems and interactions with varied disparate components.
- Strong communicator who effectively conveys scope, schedule, and budget to clients, co-workers, and technical teams (e.g. work plan, statement of work, and 2-way communication.)
- Adept at writing comprehensive reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Equipped to analyze, problem solve, and train others; organized and attentive to detail; flexible and collaborative.
- Able to independently resolve complex problems within the engineer’s discipline.
- Accredited electrical engineering degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 7 years related industry experience
- Registered professional engineer (PE) license or other professional certification based on expertise required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.