|Audio Visual Consultant-Technology-Chicago|
The Senior Audio Visual Consultant guides the technical design of projects as subject matter expert, mentor, and resource to the technical team. Position delegates, leads, and directs work of Audio Visual Consultants and Designers. Role will conceptualize, execute, and ensure quality throughout the design process to meet our clients’ needs and expectations.
- Manages ESD’s technical project process and scope of work within own discipline; reviews schedule and budgeted hours; finds and resolves all inconsistencies with project manager.
- Delegates tasks to project engineers and designers within own discipline as appropriate.
- Follows ESD’s quality management process; conducts project reviews and approvals before all QA/QC reviews done by the technical authority.
- Maintains strong client relations; able to understand and articulate project and design requirements, progress, and troubleshooting to clients and technical staff.
- Coordinates well with all disciplines to fully integrate work and client requests into design.
- Acts as supervisor and resource to technical design team; supports and assists staff education and development.
- Actively participates in the engineering/professional community to build personal knowledge and professional growth (e.g. attends meetings / seminars / conferences and/or write articles for trade magazines.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering practices and principles in own discipline and basic knowledge of practices and principals in other disciplines.
- Able to conceptualize and develop solutions for multifaceted systems and interactions with varied disparate components.
- Strong communicator who effectively conveys scope, schedule, and budget to clients, co-workers, and technical teams (e.g. work plan, statement of work, and 2-way communication.)
- Adept at writing comprehensive reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Equipped to analyze, problem solve, and train others; organized and attentive to detail; flexible and collaborative.
- Able to independently resolve complex problems within the engineer’s discipline.
- Accredited engineering degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 7 years related industry experience or 5 years as ESD employee (ESD internship counts as ½ year.)
- AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist Design (CTS-D), registered professional engineer (PE) license or other professional certification based on expertise required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.