The Engineer performs basic technical and project management duties under the supervision of a Senior Project Engineer or Project Manager. Understands and identifies project requirements and performs independent technical work on basic tasks within one’s own discipline. Provides guidance to Designers on completion of duties.
- Develops basic system designs within own discipline under minimal supervision; this includes the ability to offer solutions to general technical problems.
- Works in conjunction with senior project engineer to prepare project deliverables per the client’s intent and scope of work outlined in ESD's proposal.
- Follows ESD’s quality management process; reviews project deliverables prior to submission to QA/AC reviewer.
- Actively participates in the engineering/Professional community to build personal knowledge and professional growth (e.g. attend meetings / seminars / conferences.)
- Performs duties to assist the project manager as follows:
- Gives input or creates plans to complete tasks within the project timeline and budget, identifies required precursors from other disciplines in a timely fashion.
- Develops understanding of all ESD service offerings. (“5X”)
- Meets or exceeds utilization goals and adheres to project budget.
- Identifies and reports potential roadblocks and competing client and co-worker priorities that may inhibit the ability to maintain the project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Possess basic knowledge of engineering practices within own discipline.
- Knowledge of commonly used and accepted design and construction concepts, practices, procedures.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and specifications, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Proficient in applicable software (i.e. CAD and Revit).
- Exhibits strong communication skills to confidently interact and communicate scope and coordinate tasks with vendors and inter-discipline co-workers.
- Displays effective organization and time management skills with projects, reports and other duties; effectively manages multiple priorities and is punctual and dependable.
- Accredited engineering degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 2 years related industry experience.
- Fundamentals of engineering (FE) / engineer in training (EIT) or other professional certification based on area of expertise preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer.